We came up with the idea for our brilliant Wake up Your Website service after being asked to create a better website design and brand image for The Stroke Comedy Club in Lichfield, Staffordshire. www.strokecomedy.com
The website was old fashioned, badly laid out, had slow loading images, didn’t portray the quality of the club and its massive success, and the business owner was not enjoying adding updates or promoting it. So we had a meeting and started planning the improvements.
As you would expect, the revamped site’s function is to quickly give details of forthcoming shows but we also wanted to include everything that people would want to know – how to get tickets, directions, who’s played there before, what the club is like, etc.
The main objective was to truly represent the club’s popularity and success with a high quality website, the way it was before did not do the club justice at all – you would never have believed the shows are always packed out.
We designed the new website to help ensure the shows are always sold out and to help the Stroke Club progress to putting on more than one show a month.
We focused on the design from a function view point rather than a certain look – it had to be fast loading, easy to use and navigate, but also simple to update and have a system for managing show dates and supplying them as RSS feeds to subscriber’s emails. For this we installed the highly versatile content management system WordPress.
We optimised the site code and content for search engines and added buttons for people to add it to favourites, Facebook, Twitter, etc, and designed a crisp new logo with a showbiz feel.
Ken Jenkins the club manager is now proud to talk about and promote his website unlike before the revamp, and the task of convincing some of the best London-based comedians to take the long road to Lichfield is easier now, with greater confidence that it’s both a professionally managed club and it will be packed out.
We also manage the site’s content on an ongoing basis – updating the show details and photos – so life is a lot easier for Ken now – he just books the acts and we update the website.
“Roxbourne were very helpful and imaginative in designing the perfect website to meet my needs. Their knowledge and advice was invaluable and they also provide excellent support. I have no hesitation in recommending them.”
– Ken Jenkins – The Stroke Comedy Club, Lichfield
What we could do for your website…
- Wake Up Your Website provides a FREE review of how your site could be made more effective
- A redesign to improve your website’s appeal, usability and functions
- Install a content management system so fresh content can easily be added regularly.
- We Optimise it so it appears higher in search engines – SEO
- Marketing Advice to help you promote your website to a wider audience
- We’ll set up an easy to use analysis system for you to see the increase in visitors and the popular pages and which phrases people use in a search that found you
- If needed – help you write appealing and search engine optimised content
- If needed – we can set up a blog, newsletters, enquiry forms, eCommerce shopping cart, eBay shops, etc.
In other words – Wake Up Your Website will get your site more attention, enquiries and sales – we’ll turn it into a modern, hard working 24/7 marketing machine for your business.
Find out more about our website overhaul and promotion service “Wake Up Your Website“